Saturday, August 2, 2008

Thrifty isn't always the grocery store and drug store

Recently I got a call from my Mom that she had spotted an item in a local thrift store that I might be interested in. She was right, a dining room set just about perfect, and only $200. The set included 6 chairs, table with 3 extra leaves, table pads and a hutch.

This deal alone had me pleased with the store, but on the way I spotted some kids bikes. We got both daughters new bikes, one was $15 and one was $20. The youngest daughter spent a good bit of time on her bike today. Though this bike was at the thrift store, is still had the manual attached and not a single scuff mark on the white tires. I did some internet searching and similar bikes (same brand) at WalMart.com and Amazon.com go from $75 to $160!

Here are some pictures of her riding this afternoon.

Photobucket Photobucket

Oh and by the way, the cute outfit she has on. . . .
$1 for the outfit, at the same thrift store!

No comments: